Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mooo


Jack is officially off formula. I was a little worried since he was on Alimentum formula for a milk sensitivity, but Im pretty sure he grew out of it a while ago. I am happy to say he hasn't had any negative side effects so far. He has been drinking milk for a couple days now and he LOVES it! He has even started drinking it out of his sippy cup too which is a plus. Next comes getting him off the bottle, we will wait a few months to do that. Any advice or experiences to share?

6 comments:

Jen said...

With Katelyn we cut cold turkey and put away all the bottles. Her new sippy's were nubby's and even shaped like bottles (kinda). She didn't mind it one bit.

Good luck:)
Yay for No more formula- what are you going to do w/ all that extra money? Ha Ha!

The Ferrins said...

Good idea! I'll have to think about that one, he know how to say baba when he wants it now and he's tired, so Im a little nervous about taking away the bottle he doesn't use a pacifier or suck his fingers so it would literally be cold turkey! I'll talk to the pediatrician about that on Thursday.

Cameron and Wendy said...

Yay for Jack! One more step towards independence, right? :) Miley is not too sure about milk...we are working on that one with her, so I am jealous that Jack is taking it so well! :)

aezra noell said...

dont know cecia, im in the same boat. and terrified. i should start researching now.

Hina Schneider said...

Congrats Jack! That is so exciting. Jack is becoming a big boy each and every day.

Kristi said...

I'm glad he's doing so well. I wish I had advice to give you, but I don't. I just barely got my boys to take a bottle, so getting them off of it is the last thing on my mind. Can't wait to hear about your success so I can copy all your great ideas. :)