Monday, September 27, 2010

Bad luck Monday

Today was such an annoying day! I got pulled over by MG Police Department. They are everywhere I tell you!! I got pulled over last year for my window tinting (which was stock AZ tint on new vehicles), this time I was told to pull over by way of a mega phone... embarrassing to say the least. I was coming down a hill near my house and not paying attention when all of a sudden I see a police officer driving the opposite direction, then I see him flip a U and then lights!! I thought, surely he's not pulling me over I don't think I was speeding. Boy was I wrong, so I slowed down and pull over to the side of the road, but his voice all of a sudden comes on a mega phone/intercom thing and he proceeds to tell me to continue driving and turn down the next street. As I turn the street I see an unmarked police officer parked and thought, Oh my gosh!! They called back up for me? But in all seriousness I was totally worried. The officer proceeds to ask me about three times why I was speeding, and my response is the same, I didn't realize I was speeding. For some reason he thought asking me three more times would provide a "better" answer, when what I really wanted to say is, "Listen Bud, I've got a two year old asking me a bazillion questions in the back seat and while I only drive about once a week I can usually multi-task, but apparently today I didn't notice I was going 56 in a 45, I did not multi-task well today, SORRY! But I know myself well enough to not talk too much, I start to ramble when I'm nervous and it's usually ugly. He then gets a call on his walkie about an accident just up the street and I think, YES! He's going to have to respond to this collision that's obviously more important than my 56 in a 45 speed. I was wrong, this guy meant business :( He went back to his car and proceeded to hand me a ticket for speeding. I then ask him about Traffic School, he proceeds to chuckle and tell me I'm not a minor, so I will just need to pay the fine (I miss AZ traffic school!). And the Unmarked car was there to catch drivers coming down the hill who haven't slowed down enough Ugh! I hate when they do that! So $323 later, I'm forced to cancel our Chicago trip in October :(

9 comments:

Cameron and Wendy said...

You left out the part about your AZ license! :( Sorry about all that...the MG police are CRAZY!

JamieLynn said...

Noooo! You can't cancel your trip. Maple Grove Police, you suck!

Erin said...

I feel your pain Cecia :( That's the downside of living in MG and Plymouth - the police have nothing better to do!!!

Jen said...

That totally stinks! I'm so sorry :(

Beccarigg said...

Ugh! I got pulled over for going like 5 miles over in Maple Grove. They didn't give me a speeding ticket but I did get a fix it ticket for not having my MN license. SO LAME!!

Hina Schneider said...

OMG! I can't believe that happened. I swear, there are some cops out there out to get people plus they must not have little children cause if they did they would understand. I am soooo sorry this happened to you.

PTWhitey said...

There'll be no accommodating of the scofflaw in Minnesota! Yah.

Eaton Family said...

Yuck! I am so sorry, and even more sorry that you have to cancel your Chicago trip! Spending the money there would have been much more fun! Ps the cop sounds like a jerk. Dont mind him doing his job in all but man loose the attitude!

Erica Wiezbowski said...

so sorry for your loss. your family is in our prayers.
we love you guys!
love,
the wiezbowski's