Wednesday, September 15, 2010

4 pieces of Wall Art Under $6



I have been thinking about actually getting around to decorating my room since it's been highly neglected since the move and I have been browsing some of my favorite thrifty decor sites for inspiration on how to fill some space. So, I decided to hit up the good ole Dollar Store in hopes of purchasing some frames to start with, an hoped inspiration would come at some point.

Well as soon as I got home to put away my frames and ponder this decor dilema, I saw these...



I bought them at Joann's a few months back thinking I could use them for something! They are pre-pasted pieces of vinyl almost, more like decoupage maybe. I thought about taking the backing of the frame out and just using the window an pasting the image directly on the glass instead of on scrapbook paper. I love the scrapbook paper look but, this had a much more classy look to it. I loved it.


I paid $1.97 for the pre-pasted images 24 came in the package (on clearance)
and $4.00 at the Dollar Store for all four frames

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the result... even more pleased with my pocketbook. But now my dilema is that my wall is brown, duvet is light blue (almost white) and I'm not sure these look ok with the color scheme. Good thing I have some pillows to make in the next couple of weeks, maybe that will help me bring in some darker colors to balance out the black. Otherwise I'm gonna find another spot for them, maybe my hallway. What do you think, can I make them work in my bedroom? Maybe I should spray paint the frame, that's always an option, but what color? Yikes!

5 comments:

Dwiggins said...

You're so crafty! I think they're cute. If you wanted to change them what if you did the frame an antiqued light blue, it might be cute and tie in your duvet? Idk. Oh and we miss you guys!

Beccarigg said...

I think they look awesome! I'm so impressed with your craftiness and thriftiness. : )

Cecia said...

Thanks! After looking at this post again, I totally decided against it, the brown and black were just killing me honestly. So I tore off the pasties and used images I got from Vintage Printable that have some birds and a white background, it lightened it up a lot without having to spray paint the frame (though it's still on my mind, but in white) and now the grey and white pillows should pull in a little more color contrast too.

Melissa said...

That looks really good. I like it- wait no- I love it!

Eaton Family said...

Super cute! I love it, it looks good in the room. I have been in a crafty mood too. I love bargin shopping!!