Thursday, September 23, 2010

Felt Pillows



Well with the rain the last couple of days I have been inside making two of these felt pillows. They are a knock off of Z-Gallerie pillows shown above priced at $49.50 a pop! Wowzas! They were surprisingly super easy to make and I'm really happy with the outcome!

Here is the breakdown for cost
$2 for the pillows @$1 per pillow found at a garage sale (doesn't matter what they look like- look for the size you want) Or you could do a pillow form for about $5 at Joann's
$3.50 for about 1.25 yards of felt
Glue gun
Needle and thread or sewing machine


The ugly before pillow recovered.


Cutting out a bazillion petals (all done while catching up on Mad Men :)


Almost Done! Now time to hot glue these babies on and make my last rose (not shown)


The finished product..Not too shabby eh?

I'm not going to type out the tutorial but I will link up to what I followed. I just hand sewed the pillows and didn't do an envelope cover or anything just sewed three sides, stuck the pillow in and did a ladder stitch (semi-hidden stitch) and cover it up. And believe me I do not sew well at all! But I can sew a fairly straight line!

I will point out I did more petals than Classy Clutter did because I felt like it needed more (or maybe my pillow was bigger) I ended up with about 10 rows which looks like that's what the Z-Gallerie had as well.

I totally pleased with the outcome and am debating on doing a third pillow (in white) and just doing a half a row of rosettes on the bottom corner. I wanted to do Shams but not in felt obviously. I'm on the hunt for another tutorial for that.

11 comments:

Erin said...

Looks GREAT!!!

Julia Mar said...

SUPER cute! Well done. I've been wanting to make a wreath with felt petals. You've inspired me!

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

Love them!

Dwiggins said...

Super cute! Why didn't we craft more?

Carly Nichols said...

Way cute! I love the color too!

Maren said...

Good job. It looks great!

Cameron and Wendy said...

Love them! Seriously...we need to have craft nights together.

Kristi said...

Our bed totally needs these pillows! Thanks for the great idea!

Jen said...

LOVW LOVE LOVE!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, AMA-zing! Looks great.

Amanda said...

Hi, It's Amanda! I'm so glad you included your blog address on your last email, i've enjoyed reading about your cute family! :) and fun to put a face with a voice! here's our family blog-
thecracrofts.blogspot.com

I LOVE these pillows you've made-SO darling! i'll have to try this!