
Well today was an interesting one to say the least. My day started out as follows....
6:30am -Wake up to Jack jibber jabbering
7:00am - Snuggle with Jack
7:20 leave to take Cameron to work and while I'm pulling out of our subdivision I notice a police man standing in the middle of the 4-way stop...
As I drive away I think to myself..CRAP I hope he doesn't notice that we haven't put the other license plate on the front of our car yet ( MN requires one in front and back...waste of metal if you ask me...)
7:35 - grateful police man wasn't in his car to pull me over..ha ha
7:55 - drive back from dropping Cam off and enter into our subdivision as I notice the wierdo cop is now in his car on the side of the road with his lights on..but hasn't pulled anyone over..I think to myself...geez Minnesota cops are wierd...
7:56 - Mr. Police officer makes a u-turn to pull me over - less than a block from my house!!
7:57- After sitting in his car for a moment Mr. Police officer comes to my window, and the conversation went a little something like this....
Officer - "Do you know why I pulled you over?" (Is this always the first thing they say?)
Me- I reach into my side compartment and take out the 2nd license plate and say " because my husband hasn't put this on the front of out car yet?"
Officer - " Well that needs to be on yes, but anything else?"
Me - "uh...no clue...."
Officer - " Can I have your license and registration please"
Me: *thinking to myself...oh no what did I do??
Officer - "Your tint is too dark"
Me - "Too dark??"
Officer - " Yes and so is that one, and that one (as he points to a car driving pass..and then continues to point out cars that are too dark until he finds one that is legal..4 cars later)
Me - *thinking to myself....are you serious...Im in my PJ's with my son in his car seat in his PJ's and Im being pulled over for my window tinting.....???
Officer - looks at my drivers license and shows a look of disappointment " Oh, well I see you come from Arizona, that makes sense...but you really need to get your tint removed"
Me - " Uh, okay, but this car was a brand new stock car that hasn't been modified, so do I just take it back to the dealer (there I go asking too many questions like's it's even his problem"
Officer - " I don't know mam but your in a different state and there are different rules, I just need you to correct it"
Me - *thinking to myself... seriously dude?? "Okay, and by the way the license plate thing how am I suppose to get this
attached is my car doesn't have anything to attach it to, Im obviously not going to drill holes in the front of my bumper" ( here i go again with the questions!)
Officer - " Well that might be what you need to do, like I said different state different rules....Im just going to let you off with a warning but you need to have this corrected."
Me - "Thanks officer, have a nice day! "
Well I guess the comforting part is that I live in a town so safe that cops strangely like to sit outside my subdivision to catch all of those hard criminals...you know the ones with tint that's too dark.
6 comments:
Okay. THAT is weird. We found that Wisconsin had weird cops too. When we first moved there we kept getting parking tickets in front of our house and finally we were told by a neighbor that on even dates you had to park on the even side of the street and on odd dates you had to park on the odd side of the street. Turns out it was a snow plowing law but the craziest thing is that you had to abide by it all year long!!!! We moved in May and we were getting ticketed all through June and July when there wasn't a lick of snow on the ground (unless of course you count our first 4th of July when we wore coats and it was snowing at the fireworks but that comment will be saved for you next post on how crazy the weather is in the upper Mid-West!). We finally though we had it all figured out until one day Rod went running with a friend and got a ticket at the friends house for parking on the street on garbage day but we contested it because garbage day was the day before - BUT .... it was before 6:00 in the morning so they still considered it the day before. Apparently their garbage days don't change with the date, just at 6:00 in the morning. Count your blessings you got off ... until tomorrow when you get pulled over again and he wonders why you have not rectified the situation in the last 24 hours.
Again, welcome to the Midwest - home of humidity and crazy cops.
Seriously?!?!? That's all I can say.
Interesting! I hate it when they have nothing better to do.
Welcome to Plymouth :)
I didn't know they actually pulled you over for that kind of thing...weird Minnesota. :) We get back on Sunday night...we should hang out sometime this week.
ha ha ha ha seriously that is crazy. I know that there are tinting laws and all that crazy stuff, but you have to find a REALLY bored cop to pull over poeple for that stuff!
Post a Comment