Mmmm..home made jam.. on sunday rolls... shari baby taught me the importance of a good jam on your hot rolls!
Jack telling daddy where all the good strawberries are!
This is what Jack looked like the whole way home.. I had the berries on my lap in the front seat and he could see them, he kept pointing that he wanted more!
Jack enjoying the strawberry picking
The "fruits" of our labor
Here's Cameron showing Jack how to pick the strawberries :)
To kick off our 4th of July weekend we decided to go pick some strawberries since I recently found out there are about 3 berry and veggie farms in our area. Today we visited Bauer's Strawberry Farm and it was so much fun! We have never done anything like this before but it was so easy because it was packed with tons of berries and the weather was great. Jack even enjoyed it because it was one of the only times he could pick up something off the ground and eat it with out getting in trouble ( he likes to eat sand and wood chips at the park... we have issues) The best part is that we got a big basket full of strawberries for $8 and I was able to make a big batch of Jam, freeze a big bag and I still had some left over for angel food cake w/ strawberries yum!
6 comments:
Yum strawberry jam. Oh how fun that you guys got to go as a family to pick strawberries. Jack looks so happy doing it.
That sounds so good! I love super fresh produce its the best
How fun! I LOVE making homemade jam and rolls! I never get to go pick my own stawberries though that would be fun! It looks so pretty there!
Oh YUMMO!
Looks like you are having so much fun there! Your little boy has so much hair! Hope you are doing well! Tell Cameron I say hello..
Hey!! I love your blog! Jack is such a ham!
Post a Comment