Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Missing home..

Well I never thought I would be one to miss home so quickly but I must admit I am homesick. Coming out to Chicago I was excited to have a chance to be out on our own for a little while and experience life away from the Arizona. Before I left I realized that I was getting tired of the routine we had established back home and was anxious to get out into a big city and enjoy the new baby and a rare chance our family was given to spend the summer out of state. Well much to my surprise I miss that same old routine! I realized I miss my friends and my family! I have always considered myself fairly independent and have never felt the need to rely on those around me but wow was I wrong. Don't get me wrong Chicago is great but just different than I expected...I miss being around our friends who we share so much in common with. Out here it's doesn't really have the same "family" feeling like I feel we have at home. Here it kind of just feels like we are just another pair of 23/24 year old kids who happen to have a kid. Maybe people out here are just different... or maybe they think we are different...Honestly one of the reasons Cam and I were excited to get away from Mesa is I think we felt like you get stuck in this bubble. Within this bubble most of your friends are mormon and have been married since they have been about 21..typical right? Not to say that this is a bad thing, I myself fall into this category. I was kind of excited to get to experience other "culture" if you will..But dang does that bubble make so much more sense to me. I realize how much more I appreciate the church and the emphasis it places on family. I am grateful for the knowledge of the importance of family, and maybe at times people think we are a little weird being so young and having a baby, but for me it's why we are here on this earth. I guess that this experience has opened up my eyes to how others may view what I know as normalcy for us. I think this is just another one of life lessons that sometimes we don't realize how good something is until you are placed in a situation where its not always there. In this case it's family, friends and people who understand you and who you are. I guess this just further builds my testimony that even though people may not understand why you are different and why we don't do certain things, we have to stay true to ourselves and remember who we are...

3 comments:

loriham said...

Good Luck with Chicago and make sure to get to a Cubs game.
Tyler

Shari said...

As Dorothy always said, "There's no place like home." Wherever that ends up for you three you will make it great. I'm just glad it's back here with us for at least another year! Can't wait to see you. GB

Jen said...

I Love you guys so much, & Scott & I seriously miss you. We were just talking about it the other night.
I totally know what you mean about the bubble thing- though i have never experienced anything different- i don't think i ever want to. I love the bubble the church builds around us.

p.s. you should start a countdown on your blog for when you are coming home. Maybe it will help pass the time a little quicker.

Love Ya!!!