
So with Cameron gone I have officially realized that I had no idea I could function on 3 hours of sleep a day(I added it up yesterday..)Jack loves to sleep most of the day but will only go down for about an hour and a half or so. I try to sleep during that time but I find myself trying to get something to eat or bathing..I know he is only about 2 almost 3 weeks old but shouldn't he be sleeping around 3 hours at a time?I'm tired(literally) of waking up every morning in tears with the realization that I only got 3 hours of sleep! What can I do to put him on a schedule for my own sanity?
6 comments:
Girl, I feel your pain! I had to start keeping Odin up during the day by making things loud in the house and when it was just too hard I had to call for help! I am just up the road and would love to come sit with Jack while you nap!
I don't know whether or not you are breastfeeding, but if you are, I gave Cameron the boob every 3 hours whether she acted hungry or not. She eventually got into the habit of eating every 3 hours, sleeping (mostly) in between and was sleeping a good 6-7 hours at around 6 weeks old. I also did the same as Afton and tried my best to keep her up for an hour or two at a time. It will get easier, I promise!
I totally know how you feel. I am still feeling that way and Jack is now 5 weeks old. I have no words of wisdom or advise. With my Jack I just let him do his thing. Some nights and days are good and some nights and days are terrible I just some how manage with what my little boy gives me and just some how function the rest of the time. Don't worry your body totally gets used to the lack of sleep. If you need help or a break and need someone to watch him for like an hour or so I am more then happy to come and sit with him while you nap or do whatever. I know how the feeling goes when you so tired and can't even function. You just need a break for like a little bit to get your sanity back.
The best thing you can do is to have someone come over and watch the baby while you sleep. Seriously.
Hey there, this is Ashlee Dwiggins, reading this post I felt like crying for you because I know exactly what your feeling! I had to finally go with the Baby Wise Method to get Wes to be on a schedule. I wish I would have done it earlier than 3 months old because those first three months are a blur! If you haven't read the book Baby Wise before I highly reccomend it, infact everyone I know who has done it swears by it! By the way your baby is adorable! Congrats you guys!
Post a Comment