Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a great combo!



So I think I may have found part of the problem with why Jack has been very fussy these last few days. First off I stopped breast feeding since my supply was so low I decided I needed to just get him used to formula. So I started using Enfamil Lipil and the Dr. Brown bottles since I had them as a gift. At first he did great with the Dr. Brown bottles but he still wasn't solely on formula at this point. Recently he started slowing down on his eating and becoming really fussy and seriously gassy, like constantly straining and screaming. I thought he may be constipated or something but all was well in that department so I tried gas drops which helped but I didn't want to solely rely on these (Im not a fan of medicating him this early on). So I decided to try the switching him onto the Similac sensitive formula to see if that helped and a friend suggested the drop ins since his problem was mainly gas not really spit up which is what Dr. Browns are helpful with. Well so far so good he has been a much happier baby and is back to his hearty appetite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have found something that works for you! I have a bunch of the drop in refills for you! I never used them, since Odin wouldn't take a bottle!

Hina Schneider said...

The Dr. Browns bottles are great. That's what we use for Jack as well because he kept gusaling down the formula we sometimes gave him with the avent bottles. And he would have tons or gas and be constipated a lot. But down he is all better.

Jen said...

I'm glad Jack is doing better w/ the Similac sens.
It's so hard trouble shooting to really find what's best for your baby.