Friday, February 18, 2011
Sudafed is the Devil
So Ive made it well known that my family has been plagued by this terrible virus that's been going around. It started off last Friday after a few days of the cold I took jack into the doctor and he had a double ear infection. By Saturday morning we were all feeling awful. And by Tuesday cameron was pretty sure he had an ear infection as well, sure enough he did. I thought I got away with no major issues until Wednesday morning I woke up to my eyes gunked shut!! You guessed it Pink Eye!! ( feel free to insert gag here ) I went into the doctor and j got the virus in my eye... And I was congested so I started Sudafed. By wednesday night I had severe migranes and felt faint any time I got up. Side note - At 24 weeks last pregnancy with jack I was admitted into the hospital for high blood pressure, popped blood vessle in my eye and ended up with a 2 day stay in the hospital to be monitored for a possible growth on my front temporal lobe of my brain ( had a CT and MRI ). The symptoms for this were similar to what I was experiencing yesterday. Luckily my scans were negative and the growth was actually an enlarged blood vessel probably affected by the BP spike, it had subsided and was not an issue any longer and I was released on bed rest for a week. I stayed hypertensive for the remainder of the pregnancy. Needless to say it was a really scary experience pregnant or not. So when I had these symptoms I was really scared. I went into the doctor yesterday fearful there really was an underlying issue. I'm happy to say my BP was elevated due to Sudafed that apparently constricts the blood vessels and can cause high BP, so I quickly stopped taking it and feel a million times better.I think I will pass on the Sudafed next time I have a cold :) As for the rest of my family they are almost fully recovered and mostly back to normal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AH! How scary...I am glad everything turned out to be OK, and you stay away from the Sudafed girl! I am so sorry you were feeling so lousy, and glad that you guys are all getting better!
yikes! Stuff like that is so scary, especially when you're pregnant! I'm glad they figured out that the sudafed was causing it so you could stop taking it. Sorry everyone has been so sick! And pink eye is the worst! It's bad enough that you feel bad, does your eye have to look bad too?! Hope you guys are all feeling better now : )
Post a Comment