This past Sunday we learned of some changes that would be taking place in our stake boundaries. I was anxious to find out and must admit I feel like I deal with change very easily, it's really been the only constant for our family in the last 5 years. But as I learned how these changes would affect me I realized I was a little sad to say goodbye. I recently got the opportunity to work with the 9 year olds in a Sunday School class and as an Activity Day leader for a group of 8 year old girls. This was my first opportunity working in Primary and had no idea how much I would enjoy it. My Sunday School class (of 15!) is amazing and they surprise me each week by the amount of knowelege they have of the New Testemant (I swear they know more than me!) and it's been awesome seeing their testimonies grow as they have strengthened mine. My 8 year old girls have been a complete BLAST. They are crazy, funny, and fun loving, and I truley look forward to seeing them every other Tuesday. Jack always asks when "His Girls" are comming over, he really looks forward to their visits. Anyway I realized that a large portion of my girls and my class will no longer be in my New Ward as the Stake has grown so much there was need to create a completley new ward. I may also have a completley different calling which is ok but I am truly grateful for the opportunity I've had to learn from and grow with these kids. They have taught me so much in a short amount of time.
On the plus side it's amazing to see the growth of the church in our area in the last two years we've lived here. We have such a strong ward community as many of us are transplants to the area, and I know that the sense of community will not change, and I'm grateful for that.
2 comments:
I can't believe they split the ward! Well I can actually, it was already huge when we were there so I can only imagine how much bigger it's gotten. It's definitely sad to leave a calling you love, I was in the primary before we moved from MG and I LOVED it. It was definitely hard to leave but I was so grateful I had that experience even if it was short ; )
I'm sure change will bring amazing things :)
Post a Comment