1. Jack learned how to climb out of his crib.
One night I heard him making sounds like he was struggling to do "something" then all of a sudden I heard a loud thud, next thing I know I hear the door handle jiggling, and out comes Jack with a smile on his face and giving himself a round of applause. After putting him back in and ending up with the same result (him climbing out) we though it best that we put him in his toddler bed to make sure he didn't fall or hurt himself hurdling himself out of his crib. We knew he would get out of his bed and try and open his door so we turned the door handle so the lock was on the outside (thanks Jamie for the idea!) and it worked! He tried to jiggle the handle and realized he couldn't open the door. A few minutes later we heard him climb back into bed and that was it! (He has thrown a couple fits since then but eventually makes his way back in bed)
Jack sleeping in his big boy bed
2. Secondly Jack make a huge breakthrough with potty training (well, kinda). We have been sitting him on the potty just to get him used to the idea. This past week he has been asking to sit on the potty, but we didn't have any success with any real action if ya know what I mean. Until Thursday, Jack was acting like he was about to "work on something" so I asked him if he wanted to sit on the toilet and he said "yes, ehmo (elmo)" So we ran up stairs read a little bit of his book while he sat and about 2 minutes later he pooped (sorry TMI?)! Anyway, we are totally not pushing the idea too much yet but hope to get more serious about potty training in the next few month I'm thinking when we get back from AZ- maybe like August as the deadline.
6 comments:
Yay Jack! It was a big week for Jack! Jordan and I were just talking about Sam and how we know that someday he's going to figure out how to climb out of his crib. I hope it's not anytime soon!
YAY for Jack!!!
I was reading this with Katelyn and she got all excited about him going on the toilet, but when i asked her if she wanted to try , she said "NO!"
Jack is a smart kid! I love that he gave up on the idea and went back to bed! My kids always ended up sleeping on the floor right next to the door and then I couldn't get in to check on them!
Man! Turning two made a big impact on him! :) Miley is still in baby-land apparently...I think I am OK with that though. He is so cute in his bed...it makes him look so much older!
What a big boy! Brinley has yet to do any "business" in the potty although she loves sitting on it. Don't worry about the TMI remark, the first potty poop is a BIG deal ; ) And I agree with Wendy, he's looking like quite the little man in his big boy bed : )
Ah, I dread the day that Lincoln learns how to climb out of his crib! I'm glad to hear it's going pretty smoothly with Jack though. We've been working on potty training too. Lincoln only says he has to go to get out of doing something. Like if he's going to time out, he says "I have to pee". Or at church.
Oh, I love Jack's curly hair by the way!
Post a Comment