Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A strange October

October has proven itself to be a bizarre month thus far for the following reasons

1) It started snowing a few days ago... I mean seriously come on... apparently this is super early even by Minnesotan's standards



2) I have a hideous eye infection ( not pink eye and no it's not contagious, it's because I'm lazy and sleep in my contacts) which makes me look like I'm in my halloween costume already (the blood shot eye look is classic) Sorry- no pics on this one,it's not exactly a look I care to remember.

3) I have a strange rash on my ring finger and haven't been able to wear my wedding ring so if any of you have a diagnosis feel free to share, but I should note that it doesn't mean my ring is fake, I've been married for almost 4 years and have never seen this rash, and I'm pretty sure my husband isn't cheap. I'm the cheap one in the family not him :)




On a not so strange note (I would hate to make this post sound like a total downer :) Jack had his first "trial" day in Nursery which is strange in itself since he's only 17 months. My excuse is we are going to Az in a couple weeks and by the time we get back he will "officially" be in Nursery so I took him in so he could get used to the idea. Much to my surprise he did not need me there. I did however stay just to make sure he did OK. I guess it was a good thing too since 15 minutes into Nursery amongst all of the excitement he had a poopy diaper! I included a picture of his coloring page for the g-ma's. Oh yeah and during snack time they handed him a plate with fishy crackers and a granola bar and I instantly thought to myself "he's so going to throw that plate" (we forbid his to have a plate since he just chucks it across the room) and again much to my surprise his plate stayed on the table.



And finally my new (aka used from goodwill but new in my eyes) BREADMAN bread machine. I LOVE this thing. We've been baking up some yummy bread just in time for the cold!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You have freak snow, AZ is supposed to narrowly miss if not hit 100 this week!

Carly Nichols said...

You are having a crazy month!!! I hope November is a little more normal for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

My mom would be so proud of you making bread! Remember the days when we would come home from school to the bread coming out of the bread maker? When will you be here again?

Jen said...

Snow! Lucky ducks:)

Weird about the finger rash. mine was rashing up a little because my fingers were getting so swollen- I'm sure with the cooler weather your ring won't be as tight to rub against the skin.

I just LOVE the nursery drawings the kids do- they are so precious.

So what day are you coming down here? And how long are you staying? I want to plan a little play date one of the days.

aezra noell said...

yeah, my poor SIL has that same problem with the rash. they narrowed it down to i think a new soap or detergent she was using...and plus the combination of something else like hand lotion er...i can't remember...and so after washing/what not...it gets caught in under the ring and then causes irritation. unfortunate for her it lasted months...as in...that how long it took her to figure it out. so hopefully this helps and maybe you can narrow down whats causing it. but perhaps, to save you alllllll the trouble, i'd recommend seeing a dermatologist. that shall surely do the trick! hope this helps.