We finally made it to Minnesota! All of our stuff is finally here and we are getting settled in. I do have to vent for a second about the movers, they broke a few of our belongings during the move, two floor lamps, my vase from our wedding, and they put a bunch of dings in our bookcase. Oh yeah and they admitted to breaking our vacuum but they gave us a $100, we have to file a claim for the rest since we didn't notice until they left. Kind of annoying but on the brighter side they did do a lot of work and we didn't pay for it so whatev. Anyway Jack has adjusted to the move very well and to the time difference VERY easily. We are two hours ahead of AZ time and I worried that it would mess up Jacks schedule, but he continues to amaze me, he goes to sleep at 8:30 and wakes up at 7:30...perfect. The house is great we have so much room it's unbelievable! 1500 sq ft doesn't sound like a lot but when you've been living in under 900 sq ft of living space for the last 3 years, 1500 feels like a mansion! Im not posting any real pictures yet, we have everything put away but my walls are still bare. I will post the real deal in a few days, we have been unpacking and getting settled in slowly. In past moves I have always felt the need to get unpacked within the first day and stay up at all hours of the night, what I've learned from that is A) I turn into a serious mondo beast and B) I don't get to really organize the way I would like. With that said, I am taking my time :) We are loving the area and getting to know our neighborhood. We took a bike ride/walk around our neighborhood and it is beautiful, seriously it's picturesque. We stopped by our park at 8:00pm and there were kids playing and parents having fun, it's just a wholesome good little neighborhood. Oh yeah and 8:00 seems late but sundown isn't until about 8:45 out here, so kids stay out a little later in the summer. Anyway, here are some pics from the move, we will post more in the next couple of days.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Boxes Boxes and More BOXES!
We finally made it to Minnesota! All of our stuff is finally here and we are getting settled in. I do have to vent for a second about the movers, they broke a few of our belongings during the move, two floor lamps, my vase from our wedding, and they put a bunch of dings in our bookcase. Oh yeah and they admitted to breaking our vacuum but they gave us a $100, we have to file a claim for the rest since we didn't notice until they left. Kind of annoying but on the brighter side they did do a lot of work and we didn't pay for it so whatev. Anyway Jack has adjusted to the move very well and to the time difference VERY easily. We are two hours ahead of AZ time and I worried that it would mess up Jacks schedule, but he continues to amaze me, he goes to sleep at 8:30 and wakes up at 7:30...perfect. The house is great we have so much room it's unbelievable! 1500 sq ft doesn't sound like a lot but when you've been living in under 900 sq ft of living space for the last 3 years, 1500 feels like a mansion! Im not posting any real pictures yet, we have everything put away but my walls are still bare. I will post the real deal in a few days, we have been unpacking and getting settled in slowly. In past moves I have always felt the need to get unpacked within the first day and stay up at all hours of the night, what I've learned from that is A) I turn into a serious mondo beast and B) I don't get to really organize the way I would like. With that said, I am taking my time :) We are loving the area and getting to know our neighborhood. We took a bike ride/walk around our neighborhood and it is beautiful, seriously it's picturesque. We stopped by our park at 8:00pm and there were kids playing and parents having fun, it's just a wholesome good little neighborhood. Oh yeah and 8:00 seems late but sundown isn't until about 8:45 out here, so kids stay out a little later in the summer. Anyway, here are some pics from the move, we will post more in the next couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ohhhh....all your stuff looks great! I swear Jack looks older and different already. We can hardly wait to come see you guys. Web-cam is only hours away. Yipee!
That stinks about all that stuff breaking. Good luck getting your money out of it!
I agree with the unpacking advice- good words of advice.
Can't wait to see the house all put together:)
The broken vase gave me a pit in my stomach. I am so sorry that so much got damaged. I mean, it's par for the course but it is no fun and especially terrible when it is sentimental things.
Can't wait to see the house when its all up and going! Enjoy!
Definitely take your time unpacking! I can't wait to see all the pictures though. I'm so upset that I didn't get to see you one last time before you left. I've been such a slacker with visiting people ever since I went back to work full time. Good luck with this new chapter of your lives and let me know when you are coming back to AZ so we can hang out.
Hey guys...we just checked to see if you had happened to have a blog, and you did, so we just wanted to say welcome again and we are so excited you guys are in the ward! We would love to have you guys over for dinner sometime soon, so we will talk and figure out something that works!
Cameron, Wendy, and Miley
So are you saying when I helped you unload your kitchen in your last apartment you felt unorganized? ha ha ha. I love how we were just throwing anything and everything into a cabinet to get it done. Your place looks great! Hope you're loving it. We miss you guys. I don't think Aaron has been the same since Cam left..
Chelsea, I think it was the fact that last time I moved I was 8 months pregnant and could care less! Ha ha! I miss you guys already! I think Cameron is having Aaron withdraws already...
ugh, i so know what you mean. broken stuff, no fun. but i am lovin' your new place. adorable. can't wait to see the finished product. oh, and b4 i forget...that shirt i got is from modbe...i just bought it online.
That a boy Jack show that vase who's boss!
Post a Comment