Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to work...ugh!



Well this was my first week back to work without Cam in town yet and here is how it went. I woke up at 5:45 Monday morning to make sure I had enough time to get myself ready for work and jack ready to take to my mom's ( allowing extra time for a possible early morning tantrum!) I arrived at my moms house at 8 and felt a little sad to leave Jack but was also slightly overwhelmed with the idea of getting back to work and remembering how to do my job! I got to work hadn't clocked in because I had forgotten all of my passwords so I sat and organized my desk and got settled (our department had moved so I had all my things in boxes! ) 10:30 rolls around my manager asks me if I have a note for him...."a note?"I asked. "Yeah your release letter." he said. I soon found out I needed a medical release to come back from my FMLA I had no clue I needed it. I called my doctors office and was told he wouldn't be in until 1:30 and the Medical Assistant would have him sign my release. I told my HR dept and Boss and told them I would go home and come back around two....well Two rolls around and my HR department still hadn't recieved my paperwork. Long story short I got myself all hyped up and couldn't actually return to work until Tuesday morning ( my doctor finally faxed it over at 5:30 )
The rest of the week went pretty well. Jack did great in the morning and even let me get ready while he watched me do my hair and makeup in his bouncer!And this week he even slept through the whole night on Thursday! My mom watches him every day except for Tuesday my mother in law called dibs on at least one day! My mom has does really well I was a little worried it would overwhelm her but she has had such a fun time with him. She says "he keeps me company...he's my little buddy, we just hang out!" I thought it was cute. He has been into holding on to things and grabbing them. He started off with just little light things like a teething ring but he has graduated up to holding his little giraffe friend who is much heavier! My mom said she has encouraged him to hold on to it and he does not let go! My parents are soo thrilled to have Jack at their house during the week. My brother and I have both been moved out of our house for almost 3 years and this is an exciting time for them. They are so excited to see Jack everyday and get to spend quality time with him. My dad even makes it a point to get home a little early to spend some time with Jack before I pick him up. He is sooo excited to be a grandpa it's hysterical it's all he talks about!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Well i find it hard to believe that you left little Jack so easily.
I'm glad you have adjusted back into the work world.
Let me know when Cameron comes back so we can all get together. It should be Sun or Mon, right?

Anonymous said...

don't be silly! I am not mad! I was teasing you!

The Wylers said...

It's so hard to go back to work, but how nice that you have grandmas to take care of Jack.

Hina Schneider said...

Yeah the first day going back to work after you have had all that time off is hard but also eliberating. I was so sad the first day I left Jack but when I started working it was something else. That's crazy that your office need you to have a release form done just for coming back. I know I didn't have to do that. Yeah I know how it is sharing your little one with parents and in-laws. My mom takes Jack on wednesday's and thursday's and my MIL takes him monday's it works out great but when your in turmoil with your family it can present a big problem for you and what you do with your child. Anyways you sound like things went very well for you and Jack with the transition to work and him going to your parents. Good luck with everything and hopefully cameron gets home soon.