
So I am trying to get into some good habits before the baby is born. One of them is trying to be more frugal...this doesn't come easy to me at all! For most of my life I have been able to have most of what I've wanted to buy whether it was a cute pair of shoes ( or in my case purses!! ) I have been lucky enough to have a great job that has been able to support both Cameron and I and we haven't had to rely on Cameron working so much so he can get through school quickly which he has, two semesters left!!! Well reality has struck and I realized we can no longer do the going out to eat on the weekends both nights and my occasional going out to eat at work either. We have a BABY ON THE WAY!! And from what I hear they are not cheap! Okay so I have come to the conclusion that I have to seriously re-evaluate where we spend our money. I am starting to seriously do more coupon cutting and more cooking at home ( which I love anyway! ) And spending money on what is important...( sorry Target ....we need some time apart...it's not you it's me! ) A friend told me about a website called Coupon Sense she uses to save money on groceries, I don't know much about it but any advice would help....!!
7 comments:
I hear ya girl! Let me know if that website is worth much!
I've never heard of that website, but I'll have to check it out since I have the same problem. I'm so use to getting what I want and now that Jason and I are trying to save money I'm having a hard time adjusting. Good luck!
Hey Ashley Albright here. I love that your moving while preggo, you should just do what I did and go into labor the day you are supposed to be moving, you get out of alot.hahaCongrats
Seriously doesn't the light bulb just all of the sudden appear when it comes to finances when the baby is almost here.
-my only advice is GO GENERIC w/ food, baby stuff, supplies on anything. Most of the tme it is just a good, but way cheaper!
- When shopping for anything, you have to say to yourself, "Do i NEED this or WANT this?" Stick w/ the needs and everyonce in a while throw in a want or you will go crazy.
-As for the eating out, we usually don't have that problem, but if it is a craving it's strickly $1 menu. Then everyonce in a while we hit up a restraunt (Usually we are using gift cards)
Awww... The challenges (& Blessings) of being a grown-up!
Cecia: This is a great job you are doing with the blog. We will check it often. Hope all is well with you and the baby (not Cam)(but I hope all is well with him too).
Love to all three of you,
Grandpa Bob
P.S. Grandpa Bob not Gr. Bob!
Hey guys! Just a reminder about the BBQ tomorrow if you can make it. All the info is on our blog. We'd love to see you!!
I thought of another website.
http://sistersavings.net/
it's got some good stuff.
Post a Comment