Monday, March 8, 2010

Not too shabby for a first-timer!

I finally finished a couple of projects I started last week. I bought 3 shelves ( cost me $5 total @ Value Village ), painted these black since the white was dirty looking and didn't really go with our decor. These were in great shape so I just used a primer and painted them, no sanding involved.

I forgot to take a "before" picture but you can see what the white on the back that I didn't bother finishing since it wouldn't show.


This fabulous mirror that I'm debating on painting, but I sort of love it as is ($5.99 @ Value Village)



And lastly these shelf/boxes for Jack's room ($2.99 each at goodwill). I just painted the interior of the box to make it a little more playful!(the green one had a second coat added later, it was a little too light in this picture) I used wood paint from Michael's on these, I had paint left over from the letters I painted for his room. I don't think it's the ideal paint you want to use but since it was just the interior of the box I wasn't going to go out and buy paint just for this, the paint adhered fine and took just 2 coats. These will get mounted on the wall just like a shelf, I love them!

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness. Totally love it all!
I am craving a goodwill trip!

Shari said...

You did a great job! I love your creativity, amazing. Most of all I love that beautiful little boy by the table. :)

Cameron and Wendy said...

I love it! That is awesome. Let me kow if you ever feel like going and browsing some thrift stores, cuz I am kind of feeling the urge to do some things like this! I love Jack peeking over the table in the second picture! Ha ha! Too cute!

Carly Nichols said...

Wow!! You are a pro!! I love doing projects around the house too!

Brooke and Mike said...

Thanks for posting on my blog...it was great to hear from you guys!! I will for sure need winter-survival tips! haha. PS I love your projects you did : )

Beccarigg said...

WOO WOO! Those look awesome! You would get along great with my sister. She is super talented at taking things and sprucing them up to look awesome! Very nice job!

Eaton Family said...

wow look at you! Those are some very cute projects you did. I love them all, and what great prices. And your family picture up top,way too cute. LOVE IT!