Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Saving big bucks!

Last night for enrichment I helped teach some of the sisters about how to save on your groceries. I briefly taught about the smart way to clip coupons, and how 20 minutes a week is so worth the hundreds of dollars in savings you will see within a month. I view this kind of as my job/contribution to the family. Not working has been tough on me and I really wanted to be in control of something financially however I didn't want to sacrifice time away from my family. So, this worked out well for us and has cut our grocery bill literally in half. This week was a little focused in one area since the hubby was out of town and I wouldn't be cooking dinner all week. My focus was to stock up on some cereal ( we love cereal around here), yogurts which I can never keep stocked because Jack is a huge fan, and finally diapers..nuf said about those. So here were two of my shopping trips... my total came to $37.04 after all was said and done, it was pretty good week....



4 comments:

Jen said...

I wish i could just hire you to shop for me:)

Cameron and Wendy said...

OK I think I need another lesson...I guess I should have gone to enrichment, huh?? :)

Erin said...

I am so sorry I missed your class!!!! I totally spaced it :( I went to Rainbow this week and got 6 boxes of cereal and 4 boxes of Mac and Cheese for $13 - I love a good deal!

Ayllon Planet said...

Bargain shopper! I definately need to go shopping with you, next week right? That's my goal - cut my grocery bill in half!- think it's possible? Great job, by the way, at RS it was awesome!