Friday, January 11, 2008
Pregnancy is crazy!
Well I am currently at home with absolutely nothing to do because I have been put on temporary bed rest!!!!!!!! I'm only 20 weeks along too :( So Cam and I had a very interesting week. Tuesday morning I woke up with a little headache and this weird high altitude feeling in my head (like I needed my ears to pop) I chewed gum for hours at work and nothing helps, well then my headache got bad...really bad and I noticed a blood vessel in my eye popped! (freaky I know) So one of my co-workers was like "you should call your doctor". ( which I was hesitant to do ) I called my doctor and he said I needed to go to the emergency room ASAP. Well after a long 6 hour wait in the emergency room I was told that I needed to be admitted because I was experiencing early signs of hypertension (hence my horrible headache) and the CT scan they did on my head showed a 5mm cyst ( I know what your thinking....A CYST!) the Dr's said I needed to be monitored and have an MRI done. At this point I was freaking out...first of all I wasn't even planning on going to the emergency room ( which I have never visited) and now I was being admitted and told I had this cyst on my brain and high blood pressure ( not to mention the freaky thing in my eye ). Well long story short my MRI came back normal...the neurologist said it was just an blood vessel that was a little swollen and appeared to be a cyst on the CT scan but the MRI said otherwies...bad news I do have early signs of hypertension. My doctor cleared me to go back to work and I went today and I also have to monitor my blood pressure throughout the day ...well it starting going up again so I had to go home and lay down... On the bright side blog might just be more updated latley since it seems like I will be spending some time at home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You better call me if you need anything! I will be there in a second!
wow that's just insane and scary! But I'm glad you are going to be okay! Love ya!
What!!! I am calling you now.
How dare you not call me.
Love ya!
Cecia...Hey, it's Karen Peifer! I found your blog and I am so excited that you are having a boy. Being on bed rest is not that exciting, but Angi could probably give you some good advice on what to do to keep yourself from going crazy! Anyway, I ran into Cam in the mall over Christmas and he mentioned that you guys are going to be moving to Chicago over the summer! That is awesome, we are only 3 hours from Chicago and we are planning a trip to go see the sites this summer...maybe we could meet up somewhere! Anyway, I'm adding you on my blog if that's ok with you! Catch you later...:)
That is insane! I am so glad that all your tests came out okay. You must have been so scared! I hope for your sake that this bed rest thing doesn't last for the rest of your pregnancy. I don't have a blog, but this is Stacey from the ward, so if you need anything, just call!
Hey Cecia. It's Holly Garvin. Well it's actually Green now. I was blog hopping and found your blog. Yeah!!!! Congrats on the pregnancy. My blog is blocked so e-mail me your e-mail at hollsbabe@msn.com so I can add you.
Hi Cecia! My name is Ali (was DeWitt) I went to school with Cameron and wanted to tell you both hello and congrats! I have a baby girl, being a parent is the BEST! Sounds like you had a pretty good scare! I had hypertension/pre-eclampsia with my baby too. Best advice- read while you can! It gets harder to be able to read once you have a little one! 2I am sure you will be awesome parents. Congrats again!
Hey Cig Whit Ferrin, This is SuzDog. Sorry you are having such a hard time. Congrats on your boy. I already bought him a treat today! Love you, can't wait to see you again!!! Susan Brown
Post a Comment