Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cohen 6 Month Stats


We took Cohen in for his 6 month stats today. He is a healthy growing boy! A few fun facts about our little guy...

-He loves to laugh, and not just giggle, a BELLY laugh.

-He really loves his brother Jack, and if he's not in view of his brother, he grunts or whines until he can see where his big bro is.

- He started to roll over at about 4 1/2 months and is now working on an army crawl.

- He hasn't been the biggest fan of solid food. We are working on it, he's just now starting to eat cheerios or puffs, but he still hates rice cereal,oatmeal. We jumped to stage 2 foods and he has tried banannas, sweet potatoes, apples, and pears.. sweet potatoes and apples are his preference ( I don't dare say they are his favorite, we trick him into eating every spoonful of anything right now but he gags less on these)

- He was sleeping a few 10-12 hour stretches at 4 months however this cold/cough he's had for about 6 weeks on an off has really messed him up, he's up every 4 hours or so now :( but I have faith he will settle back into his good habits.

- He has pretty much outgrown his dairy issues however I'm still careful with how much dairy I eat . I still do Almond Milk (it's yummy), and eat cheese sparingly, but I'm dying to delve back into my greek yogurt love.

- As far as nursing goes, he still prefers to nurse exclusively and with him being sick I wasn't giving him a bottle too often (I'm also too lazy to pump)so he pretty much hates a bottle, but within this last week he has taken 2 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping to start weaning around 9 months but we need to get him eating some real amounts of food on a regular basis and then I will feel better about the weaning.

- He has the most delicious chubby dimply legs and buns, and his big brother will often tell you he loves Cohen big chubby legs (the boy is smart).

He's a whopping 17lb 15oz (75%) 28in tall (95%) and 17 1/2in head (90%)

Overall he is a pretty happy baby and brings an unbelievable amount of joy to our family. He is often the object of our admiration when we snuggle as a family. We love our little Coco.

2 comments:

Jen said...

oh goodness, just look @ that face :)

Beccarigg said...

Oh man I love baby belly laughs! You've got to post a video! Baby giggles make me happy : ) He' is growing so fast. Such a big handsome boy! Also I feel your pain on the not sleeping through the night thing. Cam did it for about 2 months as well and then between teething, sickness and shots he just hasn't been able to get back on track. Makes for some major zombie mom days but I have faith that someday I'll get more than 4 straight hours of sleep again : )