We said goodbye to Minneapolis August 4th and headed out on our 3 day drive to Richmond. Our stops included Carol Stream IL (suburb of Chicago), Columbus OH, and our final stop in Glenn Allen (suburb of Richmond) We spaced out our trip into 3-7 hour days. To our surprise both boys did incredibly well. Cohen slept the the majority of the drive until he was hungry and really our stops to feed him were our only stops (with the exception of a few potty breaks) We timed his feedings so that we would eat lunch at the same time and I would nurse him in the car while Cameron and Jack stretched there legs and explored. I think the trip really helped him stretch out his feeding schedule a little more which was a huge plus!
Our first night in Illinois we picked up Portellos for dinner (we loved this place when we spent the summer on Chicago) and stayed at a Holiday Inn. Cameron took Jack for a dip in the pool to work off some energy before bed. Everyone slept really well, surprisingly Cohen did as well!
Exploring with Dad somewhere in Ohio....a Dairy farm where Cameron snuck Jack in to see a cow give birth... awesome.
Our second night was a little more dramatic. We apparently didn't specify that we wanted a non-smoking room and ended up at a Best Western that had NO non-smoking rooms available.... NOT cool when you have a newborn baby...forget that, I hate the smell of smoke, not cool either way. So we ended up arguing with Priceline and getting a refund and staying Holiday Inn which was WAY nicer anyway and worth the extra $30.
My husband is a mean man...taking pictures of me sleeping as I'm crunched in to the back seat between the boys.
Our last day of traveling we were pretty spent and ready to get to our new home but we knew we had one more night in a hotel. We weren't able to pick up our keys until the following morning but luckily our final hotel stop was the beautiful Hyatt hotel and was a large suite that gave Jack some room to run around and play. The poor kid just wanted to get out his army men and line them up and have space to play like a 3 year old does.
The Boys hanging out in the hotel..
The next day we woke up early to meet the moving truck and pick up keys. We got into the new place which was totally empty and Cameron started hauling boxes in. By about 3pm that afternoon Cameron's family arrived to help unload. The poor guys were just moving boxes for hours and I had Cohen in his baby carrier for a good few hours trying to put away any and everything I could. It was an absolutely exhausting day. By the end of the day we decided it would be easier to spend another night in a hotel since we weren't able to get our beds set up. The next morning we continued to work like crazy and by that afternoon Cameron and his family went to enjoy some of Richmond's museums and sights. I being the crazy women that I am stayed home with Cohen and once again strapped on the Baby Bjorn and continued to work. By day 3 I was completely worn out and developed a terrible case of Mastitis (I think the baby carrier had something to do with it along with the rushed feedings in the car etc) It was by far as bad a child labor if not worse. I was completely down and sobbing all day long because I was in an incredible amount of pain and felt SO sick. I really needed to slow down and apparently that was my body's way of forcing me to do it. After about a week I started to feel better with the help of antibiotics and some much needed rest.
The outside of our new home..more pictures of the interior to come.
We are now over the craziness of the move and have started to settle in. We LOVE Richmond and are so excited for this new chapter.... more to come....
2 comments:
Beautiful! I can't wait to see the inside!
Glad things r starting to settle down.
Take it easy on yourself, but i know I'm the same way. i just like to get it all done asap.
Loves!
Okay, that was kind of mean of Cameron to take that picture while you were sleeping but you gotta admit, that pic is awesome!! Moving + taking care of a toddler and a newborn = you can pass out anywhere and any time you want and nobody can saw a thing about it! : )
Glad you guys made it out there safely but so sorry you had to deal with mastitis!! That is no fun : ( Moving is so much work but hopefully you are settling in and getting things in order over there. Can't wait to see more pics of the house!
Post a Comment