We decided it's time to give potty training another shot... Jack is only 28 months but I told myself I would try and have it done by the time he's 2 1/2. So with a couple months ahead of us, hopefully we can be fully potty trained by then. Jack had a stint where he would go #2 in the big potty with an adapter seat, but has since ditched all attempts to use a larger potty. I really didn't want to deal with a little potty, the idea of cleaning up after it was sort of repulsive to me, but I was forced to purchase it. Overall it isn't that bad, the first time he went #2 in it it was actually really easy to just dump it into the toilet (TMI sorry...I'm in mom mode) with very little cleaning required (yes!).So here is what potty training looks like so far, we are only on day #2 and had a few set backs after a very successful day #1 (6 pees, and 1 #2, and only 2 accidents!) Day #2 (2 pees, and too many to count other accidents , in a pull up of course) So hopefully day #3 has better luck for us.
Here is Jack on his potty
5 comments:
He looks so cute!
Good luck:)
For us pull ups just felt like diapers. We went straight to underwear. Underwear Caleb picked out and were excited about. We did underwear at home and pull ups when we were out and about and bedtime.
Yes we had accidents but they were accidents Caleb could see and feel. The laundry went up, but I think it was worth it to have Caleb understand what we were talking about.
Good luck. I hope he continues to do such a good job.
Oh potty training! Isn't it so fun? : ) Jack sounds like he's great though and looks darling on his little potty : ) Brinley has gone a few times but nothing consistent.
I'm not gonna go into full potty training mode for a few more months, but when I do I agree with Maren, underwear are the way to go! Teya had dozens of accidents in her pull ups but once I slapped undies on her she figured out real quick that peeing your pants isn't fun! Good luck with everything! It's so nice on the budget when you don't have to buy diapers anymore : )
keep up the good work! His hair is so cute!
Good luck!!! I'm gunna need some advice!!! Cute picture!!
Post a Comment