Monday, April 7, 2008

Im almost there....

Well I had my 32 week check up today with my Dr and I feel a little relieved to say the least! So I have been kind of freaking out about the whole "timing" issue of the birth. As many of you know Cam and I will be in Chicago for the summer for his Internship, and well he has to report there on June 3rd...not to mention he has to drive the 26 hours to get there too. So if you do the math it doesn't really add up since my due date is May 30th. That means if the baby is born on his due date, Cameron would have to leave on like the 31st just to make the drive ( and stop to sleep ) by the 3rd. So this has been a serious concern of ours but we have tried to not think about it until recently. We kind of thought my blood pressure issue would possibly come back and if it did I wouldn't have made it to 40 weeks anyway, well it hasn't come back yet which I'm OK with because bed rest was not for me. Anyway long story short, my doctor says because I measure about 3 weeks ahead and my swelling issues he doesn't think I'll make it to 40 weeks, probably more like 38 (Hallelujah!). At 38 weeks babies are fully developed and still concerned full term. He said he still isn't going to change my due date but assures me that I wont be going my full 40 weeks (can you imagine at 40 weeks I would measure 43 weeks!) So I feel a little better knowing that my Cameron and I will be together for the birth and he will be able to be home for a solid week or so after the baby is born. My only other stress is being home after the baby is born without Cameron since the baby and I wont fly to Chicago until he is about 3 to 4 weeks old. I know I will have my mom with me, she will be staying the night with me for a few days, I just worry a little about the emotional aspect of it, but luckily I have great friends and family to help me keep my sanity!

11 comments:

Jana said...

It will all work out Cecia dear! It is a stress but its all good. Your shower looked like you pulled in quite a haul. I have something for you that is STILL sitting her on my desk. Someday I will mail it. We hope that we'll get to see Jack in person this summer if it all works out.

That would be very fun!

Anonymous said...

I will totally be there to help, sorry I wasn't at your shower, I didn't know about it :(

Emily said...

We're you friends. We live in the same apartments as you!

Jen said...

I'm not going to lie, the 1st weeks are the hardest, but i'm so glad that Cameron will be home.
I'll totally be here to help too.

Emily said...

Cecia-we would definitely love any contact information. If you have their email addresses feel free to email me at christiefarnsworth@gmail.com or Rick at farnsworth.rick@gmail.com. We would really appreciate it. Thanks!

(this is what Christie wrote on my blog)

hiphipporay said...

We here are all praying for you and Cam and baby Jack and will continue to do so.

Take Care!
Love, Kristen and my gambling con man of a husband. :D

Ashley said...

Hey I'm trying to email you about the April get together but your email isn't going, can you give me your email address please. You can put it on my blog or email me ashleynfletcher AT yahoo dot com,

The Wylers said...

If you ever need anyone to come hang out with you, just give me a call!

Shari said...

I am so excited! I read this blog, then I saw my new "grammie baby" name for my blog. I know everything is going to work out just fine. I'll be there with you as much as you want, and I'll get lost when you need me to do that too. Love all both-

Matt and Stephanie said...

Hey Cecia
Do you remember me from Heritage? My name is Stephanie.

The Bob's Blog said...

Hey you two...things will work out just fine. Cecia you have our prayers and we are sure Cameron too will survive it all. After all I had five children and I got through it without much trouble!
We look forward to coming down and seeing that little "Jack" kid. Keep up the good work and take it easy for the last few weeks.
Grandpa and Grandma Bob

P.S. This will be our first Great Grandchild, However, I tell everyone that all my grandchildren are great.